Homework #1: Cell Phones and Photography

Hello Professor Cheng and Classmates!

My name is Tony Truong and this is my second semester in City Tech and my major is Liberal Arts in Science (because there is no psychology program major…). I have an older twin brother name Tommy, I enjoy reading, collecting comic books, and watching videos.

I found the video “The iPhone 5 is For Food Photography” hilarious but I think the smart phone’s camera is very convenient. A smart phone is small so you can always carry it anywhere and take a quick and relatively good picture anytime instead of carrying a huge camera. I believe that there is nothing wrong with taking pictures of your meals to keep as memories and share with friends and family but doing so to get favorites and likes is in my opinion, strange.

The TIME article made me realize how smart phones can influence people. I am very glad to see that Apple included regular photographer’s pictures instead of only using professional’s. I use my smartphone’s camera almost every day and it has always been useful for many situations including storing information, keeping memories, sharing what you’re doing, etc. I am very glad that technology has advanced into this and I hope it keeps on evolving.

This entry was posted in Student Posts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Homework #1: Cell Phones and Photography

1. I agree with you, not every body has a professional camera. Using your phone is so much easier to carry around. Taking pictures of food and sharing it with your friends and family is so much fun. I totally agree with the fact that people post pics just for likes on social medias. Like why do people worry about who likes their pics or how many likes you have.

2. I also agree with you here, its more convenient and useful.

3. I agree with your opinion of how taking pictures of food to get likes or favorites is a weird concept. I also agree that there is nothing wrong with taking pictures of your food to share with others. For most people taking pictures of food is a way to express their lives on a daily basis. With smartphone cameras being so convenient it’s so much more easier to capture memories and moments that you’ll want to remember.