Disney Journal#6 Fab 17

This week I make a big mistake in my work. I have a late service room to clean one night, I make the beds, clean the bathroom, change the towels and empty the trash can. These are all I do and know for the late service. Late on the guest complains my service, she says to one of our runners she doesn’t have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion and coffee, sugar, tea; we don’t change clean glasses for her and clean the garbage on her table. She says she has been in Disney many times and it is not the Disney way doing like that. When I hear this, I feel so sorry and guilty. One of the reasons I don’t pay attention to that part is because during my training no one tells me I should change everything dirty in the room and put new amenities even though there are some in the room already. I think we can’t touch anything on the table. After the base is informed the guest complain, Rosa tells me that I should learn from mistakes what I make, and I do learn a very serious lesson on that day. What’s more, the next day when I go to work, I get three late service rooms to clean, I think this is a practice for me and make me remember my mistake forever.

This Friday, we have a meeting for both custodial and housekeeping CPs. During the meeting, managers emphasize the Disney four keys and how each of them applies for our daily work. One of our managers Peggy, she suggests us that we should go to parks as often as possible to know and experience Disney’s fun places and interesting events happen around us, these are important information we should know and give to our guests. It is not only a resort for guests to stay, but also a whole Disney World for them to explore.