Assignment 3 Concept Sketches

I had a hard time trying to come up with new ideas. and the ideas i have seem to not be finished or completely thought out. They aren’t exactly expressing what i want to convey. My article was about ADHD in children and how it affects their progression in school.

1.The first one is a race where a child had come in last place and is sad they didn’t do good enough .

2. The second one is a race and the progression each child is making.

3.The third one is a maze and the child can’t find their way through to get to where they need to be .

4. There is two different concepts with the same general idea  where there’s  something replacing the child’s brain. the first one is bad grades and the second one is a broken lightbulb that shows the lack of knowledge and motivation for the child to succeed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

One thought on “Assignment 3 Concept Sketches

1. Mercedes-

Interesting revisions on this editorial. Nice work.

I like the Maze and the broken lightbulb ideas… But, I worry that the broken lightbulb could be misinterpreted as non intelligent as opposed to difficulty focusing.

So lets go with the maze idea … but how can we make it more interesting? Play with camera angle and reference. Look for maze/ labyrinth reference and give yourself some creative freedom to create this metaphor. You can also play with the idea of perspective… you are drawing a location… make it seem like one. Or you could have that A be on a giant test paper and the kids still mini? I don’t know… but do some more sketches on the idea.
    Don’t be too literal. Focus on Clarity of Concept and strong Metaphor.
    Good work!