Cyberbullying

The first contemporary issue that interests me was Cyber Bullying. Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place using electronic technology. As of today, technology replaces the way people communicate with each other. You can talk to someone across the country easily with the internet. According to the article “Cyberbullying: A Crime that Affects Everyone,” 42 percent of the teenagers report being cyberbullied over the past year. 20 percent of them try to commit suicide, and one in 10 of them attempt it.  The Internet is a place where you can express yourself and hide your identity from all the other. Sometimes a word that you said may influence how others think. Because the fact that nobody knows who you are, Cyber Bullying can easily happen. Sometimes when people express themselves through the internet, others give comments. When people leave a bad comment, it will affect their emotion. I care about how others said, so I know how if feels.  This was an issue that will last for a long time because there are no laws was create to protect the teenager that was being bullied through the internet. That’s why I choose this topic.

Cyberbullying: A Crime that Affects Everyone