CREATE A BLOG POST

Click on the link below to create a new blog post:

https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/whatiswriting/wp-admin/post-new.php

12 Responses to CREATE A BLOG POST

1. cassandra west says:

Hello, My name is Cassandra West and I’m majoring in Human Services. I’m currently in the Associates program. I love the field and one day would like to become a Social Worker within my community. I’m the youngest of nine children and the third to enroll into college. Before entering City Tech, I was cutting hair in my local barbershop in Brooklyn, Ny. I enjoy being a Barber, but I want a Degree and a career in social work as well.

2. Hey, my name is Rachael Mangal

3. Lexix says:

Hello, my name is Lexix Fernandez. My major is Dental Hygiene. One things that I would like to share with my classmates, is that I love food. I love eating and try different foods. One of my favorite foods is seafood. After I finish college, I want to take cooking classes because I like cooking and I want to learn how to cook different kinds of food. Also, another thing about me is that I like playing video games on my XBOX 360. My favorite games are Bioschock, Dead space and Blackoops.

Three things I would like to know

Will we be learning how to cite in MLA format?

I would like to know more details about the writing Journal assignments?

How often will we get homework?

4. jahid says:

HI, My name is jahid,abu and this is my second semester at CityTech and my major is

ACCOUNTING. I plan on being successful in school and the career path that I have

chosen. I live in Brooklyn, New York and my favorite things to do when I’m not in

school is going to parks or parties with friends or sleeping in when I can. If there is one

thing I wish I could of taken more advantage of is after taking basically 1 years of

spanish and puting it to use by going to a spanish-speaking country for a month,

preferably in Argentina.

1st Question: can I print out the book from the internet instead of buying?

2nd Question: can we do our essay at home? And

3rd Question: what is the topic for research project?

5. jahid says:

sorry i posted wrong way

6. sezan saimon says:

My name is Sezan Saimon. An ordinary guy from a little conunty of South Asia named Bangladesh. I am living in new york since 2011 with a goal of better life and better education. This is why i applied to CUNY and i got a chance to study in Citytech. Even though it does not have the major i am interested in, i am gonna do my associate from here and then transfer to City College.which is best for engineering. I love my college its beautiful and has an quite enviorment to study.

7. omarv says:

Out of all the the links that were posted this is the one that stood out to me the most. I found the story of the author very interesting. The fact that he started of as a boy preacher in Harlem and the way it explains about how he used racism he used it in a way that many people were afraid to use it at the time. To point out all the faults that the world has. I think that takes a lot for one person to put themselves in a situation where everyone could either hat him or love him for what he is doing as a author.

8. Kwasi says:

Hey my name is Kwasi Atiba. This is my first semester at City Tech. My major is marketing. Im looking forward to reading City Limits

9. Lexix Fernnadez says:

On the Oxford website, two books caught my attention. One of the books was Cancer, written by Nick James. The books talks about what cancer is in terms thats are easily understood. It also talks about how cancer would be like in the future. The reason why I would like to read this book is because cancer is a common topic spoken by many and so many people are dying because of cancer. Another, book I would like to read is Emotion, written by Dylan Evans. The book answers all of the questions I have about emotions.

10. Lexix says:

Two of the books I would like to read from the Oxford website are Cancer written by Nick James and Emotion, written by Dylan Evans. I would like to read Cancer because it explains what cancer is and their causes. Cancer is a common topic, spoken by many and also has cause the death of many people. I would also like to read, Emotion because the book answers some of the questions I have about emotions.

11. sezan saimon says:

I wood like to right the Greek mythology. I find it preety interesting to read. And I cfound some unknown stuff

12. Sezan Saimon says:

The essay Mother Tongue by Ami Tan is about how the immigrants have problem with speaking proper English. For other it might be called as “Broken” or “Limited” English, Which is some how weird for an English speaking person. But she wanted to explain how difficult it is for anyone of speaking different language to translate it in English. For a foreign student when they learn english in a school it is hard to get a good score, and for an immigrant it is more difficult. This speaker are given less importance and sometimes are ignored by proper English speaking people. She gave some example of her mother that how her mother speaks different English. How the writer is related with her mother’s English, what kind of problem they faced, how the writer comunicate with her mother in her mother’s language.