Blog#2 Ques.#6

How does the text approach the controversial subject of homosexuality? Is it clearly advocating for the acceptance of homosexuality? Is there some underlying homophobia within the text? If so,where? Do you think these instances simply serve as character development, or do you think they reflect an internalized homophobia within Baldwin himself?

I think the text approached the controversial subject of homosexuality as neutral. For me I think it was only providing information, for the readers to understand the story better. Telling the story from points of views at time. Also I do think the characters did develop a great change in the story, because each one of the characters gave a twist to the main character, who didn’t like making decisions for himself but others deciding for him. Do they represent internalized homophobia within Baldwin… I think he does, because the way the story was writtten down, it seem as he did had bad feelings towards it. The way he found other man who were gay, make him sick even of himself

This entry was posted in Blog Post 2. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Blog#2 Ques.#6

1. Interesting interpretation, Rocio! I want to remind you that the blog posts are due each week by 1:00 pm on Wednesday. While I’m happy to have you post your ideas at any time, you will not get credit for any posts created past the due date.

Laura

2. Rachel says:

I completely agreed with you because throughout any story or stories, the characters changes somehow or drastically depending their situation(s). In order to know what is happening within a story, readers must understand others’ perspectives or its narration to determine what’s their role and purpose.