Beth Tondreau | COMD1127—D035 | Fall 2023

King_TH_ZuzanaLicko_110623

One of the quotes I found Interesting from Zuzana Licko was from her interview with Rhonda Rubinstein on published in the Eye Magazine. she said “Each design gives me the opportunity to study details of classic faces that I’d never fully appreciate or notice through casual observation or usage.” Another quote I found interesting is from an Article published by the Shillington Design Blog from her “A typeface is the ornamental manifestation of the alphabet. If the alphabet conveys words, a typeface conveys their tone, style, and attitude.” I can Relate to these quotes and i found them very insightful. Before this Class I never even thought of typography and it’s impact in the world of graphic design. Its ability to invoke beautiful creations and harmony of print.

The fonts designed by Zuzana Licko I found captivating were Journal, Matrix and Modula. (Unsure of the actual names of the fonts.)

1. Professor Beth Tondreau

You’ve chosen great quotes, Zacarah—particularly the one about how a typeface conveys the tone, style, and attitude of words.”

You have the names of your faves right.