Beth Tondreau | COMD1127—D035 | Fall 2023

Wei_TT_ExpressiveType_101223

The expressive type by Courtney Wagasky really gives me a sense of cleanness and neatness. Once you see the type, you know what exactly to focus on, and you catch the point right away. All the creative designs are expanded and based on words. It tends to be designed by the meaning of words. You see the type and you can easily know the concept behind the design.

The type by Timothy Goodman is really special and has its style throughout his works. In his works, I see every object is filled with types. You can see various types in any of the works, they are not just simply about the types but also I see the drawing that goes with types.

The type by Alexa Edgerton is really attractive with colors and really based on real life such as cakes and plants. These designs are really sophisticated and complicated and require a lot of creativity. The cakes series has many bright and vivid colors which bring visual enjoyment.

1. Beth (Mary-Elizabeth) Tondreau

Agreed that the expressive type by Courtney Wagasky reflects and sets for the meaning of words.