Beth Tondreau | COMD1127—D035 | Fall 2023

Renelt_TT_121423

The first poster I chose is 57/58 by Emmanuel Adjei. This Poster is visually captivating with color, bold font, and decorative typeface. The contrasting use of red-orange, light blue, yellow, and green is beautiful. The artist uses black to make these gorgeous colors pop even more. The artist uses a graffiti-like texture in the poster, adding another layer of visual captivation. The white highlights draw the viewer’s eye across the piece, which reads “Dream.”

The second poster I chose was 51/52 by Manassaline Coleman. The freeform gradient is beautiful, drawing the eye immediately to the center. Then, the viewer’s eye is drawn to the quote, a piece of art in and of itself. “You are worthy of days…” is incredibly powerful to me. To “just be” is so important and challenging for me to do. I love the all-caps typeface and the bold choice of font. It follows the grid, and the color choice is gorgeous.

The last poster I chose is 49/50. I chose this one because of the color and movement. The shapes are abstract and draw my eye to the center of the piece first. The yin-yang dynamic of the piece is fascinating.

1. Beth (Mary-Elizabeth) Tondreau

“The yin-yang dynamic” is a compelling description.