The first thing I thought about was our first project, The Typebook. We did similar things such as type of a path (shown in the third and seventh image in the article). It also challenges the legibility lessons we’ve been doing. Of course, the image in the article are kind of crappy so we can’t really read what on those pages, but in the fourth image, you can clearly see that some words/paragraphs are overlapped and non-legible.

I think the project is quite tedious considering Sahre used something so inconvenient to make this book. Nonetheless, it’s pretty cool that he did manage to do so and how his fellow designers, though they didn’t have the typewriter, studied it on InDesign to make it look close enough to the real thing. It’s admirable.

I remember very vaguely using a old typewriter at a field trip in elementary school. I don’t remember what I wrote or did, but I remember liking the sound of the typewriter clicking and tapping and the dinging sound it made when it reached the end of the page. (Others may disagree)