Beth Tondreau | COMD1127—D035 | Fall 2023

Uruchima_TT_110323

1. The type that Tre Seals appears to use is a bold transitional Sans Serif I believe. Each letter does not look as how a regular Sans Serif would look like. The typography as well as the color choice of font fit very well for the subject within this book, as Seals includes only posters created by poc.

2. Just as the title of this book states, the authors appears to be using a extreme bold humanist Sans Serif for their cover page I believe. The usage of this boldness fits well since they discuss topics which are not usually discussed during the work place.

3. This third piece appears to be Hand-Lettered. The usage of this typography helps emphasize the main idea of the art piece since it gives the impression actual people worked on it.

4. This final piece appears to be 3-Dimensional, which looks super cool! While it does have a very cool design, it is difficult to read it from a distance.

1. Beth (Mary-Elizabeth) Tondreau

You’ve observed well, Mauricio. The slipcase for The Art of Oubey is hard to read from a distance, but I suggest that in this case, the idea is to pull the viewer closer to the work.