All 3 creators differ with their variation is use of expressive type through their creativity and illustrations as well as typeface appearance.

When looking at Courtney’s work in contrast to Timothy and Alexa, its a more clean and direct feel. While there is no illustrations involved to convey the meaning of “elevator” we can get a visual feel just through her letters with no drawing needed. Its simple and yet very obvious. Common sense plays a role of this and just some low-key signs thats are quite universal or symbols for such words.

Timothy has a more bubbly, condensed and overlapped as well as the use of doodles. Respectfully, not my most favorite of expressive type. Reminds me a bit of pop art but in doodle and honestly not my very fave art movement either. The weight is also quite bold and there is a LOT going on. So much to see. My head and eyes are spinning.

Alexas work seems to have more complicated and precise work. Looks like something that was definitely considered and took a while to establish. There is an elegant look to it as well as shown in the work of hers “PLANT.” The precision of the leaves and vines is no joke. Something one sees in an “Adult coloring book.”