The useful of the textbook

The Research Seminar is a writing intensive class. This course teaches students how to write research paper and have the ability to do the research from Internet, library, etc. I think the textbook, Rules of Thumb is useful for the course because it helps students improving their grammar, spelling, and punctuation those basics writing knowledge. The book also provide some example of how to use the proper words in your sentences to make them look nicely. Moreover, the book gives you some idea of how to start your essay or paper. In the book, there has the MLA style and APA style which can fit most format of school courses requirement. I really recommend students who take Research Seminar should have the book because it helps you a lot in writing classes. I need to use APA format to write the paper. I will use the book to check my format and make sure it is correct. I think the book can help students who want to improve their writing skill. Moreover, the price is affordable. It costs less than 10 bucks in old edition.