Everyone’s favorite season

What’s your favorite season? Mine? I’m still debating about it. Each has its own special characteristics that I love but autumn? Oh man! Its indescribable.

Its that special time of year when the weather begins to get cooler and the nights noticeably longer; which means we get to sleep longer. Yay! Usually by mid October to the beginning of November is when autumn shows its “true colors” and the leaves start falling, giving it a beautiful scenic view.

houses on a bank reflected into the water“Autumn, the years last, loveliest smile.”   Port Washington Long Island, NY 10:30am

-William Cullen Bryant

fall leaves on the ground“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all other seasons.”  Port Washington Long Island, NY 10:45am

-Jim Bishop

a close-up of a fall leaf“Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods.”  Port Washington Long Island, NY 11:14am

-William Wordsworth

trees on edge of a body of water“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”  Port Washington Long Island, NY 11:52am

-F.Scott Fitzgerald

a forest“Autumn, the season teaches us, that change can be beautiful.”  Port Washington Long Island, NY 12:17pm

-Heather A. Stillufsen

a road through a forest “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” Port Washington Long Island, NY 12:41pm

-John Donne