Reflection about BHS

I never realize that history could be a time machine, which takes you to a world of knowledge were you are able to see and explore documents or people but the most important thing is what you learn for those experiences. Now this is able to you by taking a 2 minute walk from City Tech to Brooklyn Historical Society. I never thought that visit BHS could change my entire life in the way that I look history. The experiences that I learn from the faculty of BHS make me open my mind to explore my surrounding and also bee a critical thinker. I always desire the opportunity to observe document and diaries because always are behind windows and under security. In BHS you are able to touch or event tries to read some lines from a diary which take you back in time. I also realizes during my visit to the BHS some literal works were connect like: “Who Know Brooklyn, A House on the Heights, Tunnel Rats if Atlantic Avenue.” This literal works also show another perspective of Brooklyn compare of the pictures, maps and documents of BHS. How ironic life could be if you are not aware of your surroundings, Brooklyn is an infrastructure that during the time pass is disintegrating little by little and it’ staying in our memories. There are many ways that you can tell a story, but the experiences obtained by the faculty of BHS are indisputable because you start to know very well Brooklyn by traveling in time in a metaphorical way. By J.E

This entry was posted in Reflections and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.