The unfinished story of Cinderella

“There once was” by Margret Atwood was basically an  unfinished story about Cinderella.  I can see how Atwood’s story can relate to cinderella, but it turns out to be a lot different. As the story begun, I thought there would actually be a story told. When I read the second sentence from the story, I found it very odd because that is when I realized that this was a story with two different speaker, with opposite views. As the first speaker would try and tell the story, the second speaker would interrupt and want to change something. The first speaker would actually fix up the beginning of the story to satisfy the second speaker. I don’t really think that the first speaker actually cared about the details of the story, but you can tell that the second speaker did. It was actually pretty interesting what the second speaker had to say about the story because it made sense. Even though what the second speaker was doing was creating a new story all the things that he pointed out were interesting.

The second speaker would tell the first speaker things like, why the girl had to be poor, or beautiful, or have to poor, when in fact she shouldn’t really be considered poor. I don’t really think that the first speaker was actually interested in what the second person had to say. Unless it was a group effort into writing the story. As the story begun they had a sentence written, but by the end of the story, they only had one word. The second speaker had to be from today because of the way he spoke about peoples appearances and anorexia because people make a bigger deal out of these things today.  By the middle of the story, we learn that the first speaker is telling the story to the second speaker. Although it doesn’t really sound like the second speaker cares to listen.

This entry was posted in Assignments, Homework and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.