Hi all – Please see HW for today’s class:
- Read and Response – Please email to me
AND share on OpenLab (by next Thursday at noon)
New York Times: To Do Politics or Not Do Politics?
Tech Start-Ups Are Divided
“There’s no real separation anymore, in the current political climate, between
politics and everything else. It has permeated absolutely everything.”
- Do you think tech companies should work on political issues?
- Do you think tech companies have a responsibility to take a political stance publicly?
- Is it enough for tech companies to make a statement about where they stand politically or should the also make a campaign using their platforms?
PODCAST – Listen and respond: How Rock the Vote Became Tok the Vote
Please email to me and post on Open Lab (by next Thurs at noon)
- Had you heard of Tok the Vote?
- Does having politics on platforms that you enjoy (like TikTok if you do) hurt the social experience?
- Do you think it’s a smart use of a social platform?
- Do you think voters stay interested with politics once the campaign dies down on the platform? Or do you think they stay engaged?