Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

Week 5: Discussion Brainstorm

As a up and coming college student I was a bit nervous about the whole process. I found myself overthinking and overwhelming myself with these thoughts that I would become so packed with work on the first few weeks of school. High school teachers and counselors alike would constantly tell me that things aren’t the same as high school it will be much harder. “You will have to get things on your own” they said, and it will not be easy. Starting off school on the day of August 26th I was reluctant to begin my classes. I reeled it over and over in my head that I wouldn’t make it, I won’t make it through to the middle of the semester, I wondered if it would be worth it. My classes began without a hitch. I was able to grasp the material very easily, and teachers explained the assignments and structure of their classes very well. I was able to keep up with my classes! Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3 passed and I was doing absolutely swimmingly. I kept up with all my work, I passed my quizzes, and I even got ahead by doing some of the work that was due for the next week over. I found that I was actually doing what others said wasn’t going to be as easy for me. I was doing the opposite of what was so “impossible” to do in college. Many would think that college is complicated and isn’t as easy as high school which might be true in many cases depending on the school and it’s pacing the students. However if you have the courage and you feel that you can surpass whatever may limit you whether it be the words of others, the thoughts that might linger in your head of failure and let down, you can most definitely survive college. Moral of my story, You CAN Do ANYTHING You Set Your Mind and Heart Into Completing, it doesn’t matter how unreachable the goal might seem. You will get there.

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Krista–

I will read this in a moment. But first –did you see the email I just sent you. I am sorry I sent you the link at the wrong time. Do you want to meet online later this afternoon or tomorrow?
    Let me know via email.

Prof. Miller

2. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Krista,

I’m glad we were able to meet over Zoom, and I think you have a good idea of what to write about (and perhaps you are already deep into your rough draft)!

I can tell from this brainstorm exercise your writing has a lot of energy and you already have an authorial “voice”! So I look forward to reading the draft of your Education Narrative.

If you get stuck or have questions, just send me an email.