Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

Micro Activity: Looking at Genres

Ira Glass is the first one that is narrating the first podcast but on the musical Kurt Braunohler is narrating.  The two narraters include a variety of point of views. In the podcast multiple people are talking and they are saying their views on their experience. They incorporate the story as well as their own opinions. The podcast was way better than the musical in my opinion. The musical did a good job in interpreting the story. The musical was more on the comedic side which was good. The musical even got the story about the prom really good about his interpretation and her interpretation in the story.  The podcast was really a calm something to listen to when you want to just relax. With all the materials that were provided to me was all in the general same idea. From reading, listening, and watching the story unravel was kind of entertaining. The podcast was really focused on Justin’s side which is good because it showed that he was just a young kid in love trying to impress the girl that he wanted.

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Good observations! I’m glad you noticed the difference in tone between the podcast & the musical.