Assignment for Tuesday, Feb.26:
- Complete the Ecological Footprint exercise at https://www.footprintnetwork.org/our-work/ecological-footprint/ and answer the following questions for next week: Summarize what your footprint indicated. Did anything about the results of your footprint surprise you?
- Reminder: Post your research topic proposal(s) as a thesis or a question; be prepared to share/discuss
- Reading for Feb. 26: participation points for participation in class discussion The Elephant in the boardroom (pgs. 1 – 12) Come prepared to discuss the following: You may find it helpful to print these pages for Tues
- The reading argues that in order for production and consumption to become sustainable, they must remain “within planetary boundaries.” Clearly explain what this means in the context of the reading.
- a) Describe two business models the reading points to as sustainable models of production. b) Explain how either of these two models is sustainable and why.
3. According to the authors, ” Most businesses’ growth is still predicated on more people buying more goods” and…”The rapid expansion of consumption-driven markets in the coming decades is the anticipated engine for continued business growth.” Discuss the reasons why this growth model is unsustainable.