Debriefing for project 3

Description 

The problem we all came up with for this project is to build this design provided to us and make it as simple as possible for the student that will be work with our drawings. The main issue at stake was the curve moldings because we didn’t know what we were going to do for this so we all did research for the best way to implement the curve molding. Then Mike showed me an video of doing curve cuts on the table saw. So basically we built the curve molding by doing the profile cuts on the table saw. Our problem solving strategy for this project was research and trial and error. The hardest part of this project was trying to figure out the custom crown molding. The easiest part of this project was the drafting. What really worked was the communication system we implemented, it allowed us to really work together on this project. One idea that we change was making the custom curve crown molding out of wood instead we decided to make it out of foam.

Analysis/ Analogy

This problem is a lot like when you are managing a crew because you almost never know what your crew skill level is so you want to make it as simple as you can. The things that would defer our problem from the real world is the fact that we are working with students who have almost no experience and in the real world to some extent you have control who is on your crew.

Application

From this problem I learned it okay to prototype your ideas to get an better understanding of what you want to do. I would apply this to the real world by taking the time to prototype my ideas if i am unsure about, if i have the time of course.