Reading Journal #1

There are many differences between our world and alien worlds. In “Caves of Steel,” many aspects of differences between the spacer and humans appear. For instance, the spacers and humans live in divide sections within the city. The two divisions do not enter unless it’s for business situations. Spacers have a limited population as for humans there isn’t. The spacers provide better improved technology then the humans. An example of comparison shall be R Daneel; a spacer like robot with advance movement, speech, looks and etc. while man made robots are only capable of storing and non- fluent movements.

Besides the difference in technology, exterior influences are marked as well. Humans may worry about viruses such as a cold, fever or other diseases however; many of these symptoms can be handled in a well-cared situation. As for spacers, there are no such things as a common cold or diseases, they live in a specified atmosphere; cleaned and sanitized. To the spacer’s knowledge one touch or atom from a humanly bacteria may kill them instantly. Human bodies have grown an immune system to protect them from obtaining a disease while, spacer does not; due to never getting sick.

Human’s knowledge of the outer world is still brief; not knowing how many planets are out there, if any life forms and if any human like creatures are living amongst the planets. Spacers with their well-developed technology can travel through space; to planets and planets far across the galaxy. Their advance robots may receive outer world information as well, to better improve acceptance in various conditions.

This entry was posted in Student Post on by .

About Jenny Wang

My name is Jenny Wang, i live in queens yet, i go to NYC college of technology. I have a loving mother, father and 3 other siblings. I am in graphic design communication because I want to explore the different wonders of design. Graphic design communication is a new level of creativity for me, a department where I get to create my own symbol representing myself. It is also a place where I can learn the history of printing, commercial designs and advertising designs. In this class I will be able to learn new software which I have never used before and will be using them in the future. I will acknowledge the factors in which can will make a commercial more appealing to audience and other factors that do not. Thus, I am very excited about the next topic that will be taught. Before, graphic design communication I have had a few classes which were really interesting. They were defined as Vector Rector and Public Media. Through, Vector Rector I learned the usage of illustrator and Photoshop. In Public Media I learned about the custom of InDesign. These two classes were very exciting courses, which I wished to have learned more about. The reason behind it is because I have not used any of this software before. Therefore, after using all these new programs my experiencing has gained and my desire to learn more about every software has grown. I am really looking forward to this course and hope to gain a lot out of it.