The topic I have chosen to work with for this project is on the subject of trade schools being a viable alternative to college for people seeking education that can teach them skills for whatever job industry they wish to partake in. I will argue that more investment, both financial and social, in trade schools needs to take place in order to provide more flexible opportunities to students of varying degrees of socioeconomic status seeking education. To support my opinion, I need facts in the form of numbers that trade schools do in fact allow students to learn skills that get them jobs in profitable industries and thus can prove that, “You don’t need a college degree in order to get a good job.” Search terms and research I will use would involve phrases like, “what is the retention rate between students who go to college vs. students who go to trade school,” or “what is the average salary of students who graduate from a trade school compared to students who graduate from a two year college?” My solution for a dilemma like this falls on the government providing funding to expand the educational infrastructure needed to support an expansion of available trade schools that specialize in the teaching of different skills to students. To keep on schedule with this project, I’ll divide it into pieces that allow me to conquer each section of my op-ed into a manageable format and thus make it easier for me to partition it and then put it together after it is finished.