Categories
Unit 1

Unit One Outline

• Introduction

A.Sweaty palms, stuttering, and shame. Such experiences were common in my English class.

B. Learning from the beginning and hesitation.

• Learning English is a challenging aspect, especially for international students.

A.From personal experiences, learning new alphabets and greetings made me feel stupid.

B. Observing others in my class gave me some level of hope and highlighted the primary challenges that English learners go through.

• I was ashamed to make mistakes when speaking, leading to hesitation, and stuttering.

A. Remembering my experiences, I would hesitate to talk to others, having fear of shame.

B. However, personal experiences with friends were encouraging and played a vital role in increasing my confidence.

• I struggled with poor vocabulary, although I could fluently speak less complex words.

A. Learning is a life-long challenge that often requires persistence and encouragement from families and friends.

B. Reading newspapers, blogs, and watching movies helped develop proficiency in English.

• Conclusion

A. Despite a person’s level of proficiency, learning a new language can be challenging for most individuals.

B. Self-awareness and the readiness to ask for help are crucial when learning a new language.