Categories
Discussions Unit 1

Rough Draft

Being forced to do something when you’re not genuinely interested in it is dreadful. My whole academic career I was never interested in any classes, I felt like School was a burden until I had people to motivate me like my parents and my teacher.

My grades were always mediocre throughout middle school, and as high school came it got worse. Its like my whole educational career was a downwards spiral and the teachers did not make it better whatsoever. Teachers never showed interest, they would allow students to do anything they wanted, there was barely any learning and even less respect in the classroom. I felt like the Education system was failing me. No matter how much I tried I could not get rid of my lack of motivation, It was until my senior year where I encountered an amazing teacher in my trigonometry class. My Trigonometry teacher always showed interest in my academic career in the class room and even after school hours. My teacher helped with my work when it was difficult and always made sure I was on time to all my classes, and would call me out when I missed one. It felt great to finally have a teacher that genuinely cared for me, This helped me get the motivation I needed.

It is important to have a great support system during your education career. It is easy to lose sight of the the purpose of education and fall to lack of motivation, I was almost a victim but having a great teacher and parents by my side to motivate and support me made me feel like I couldn’t fail. They gave me the motivation I needed to finish out my high school career. My Parents played the most important role in my academic career. If they were not there to motivate me I would not have gone to college. It is crucial to seek guidance whether it is a friend, family member, or school staff member. Even the smallest amount of guidance can help motivate you to be your best.

In school I came to a realization that not all methods of learning work for me. It is difficult when you’re in a class and a teacher just throws a worksheet in front of your face. I’ve experienced this on multiple occasions, which played a part in my lack of interest in school. I enjoy hands on work , and group work that’ll allow me to learn and share new ideas with my peers. It is important to find new ways to help you learn, this can help with an increase in interest in the material you’re learning. One thing that helped me tremendously was setting goals for myself. Setting goals for myself allowed me to accomplish things I never knew I could accomplish and helped me stay focused In school.

Without people to motivate me like my parents and my teacher I would not be sharing me educational narrative with you today. Having people there for me as a support system really allowed me to gain interest in school and thrive. If you are uninterested in school or feel like you’re ready to give up there are different things you can do to help yourself. Seeking guidance, Finding new ways to learn, and setting goals for myself is what allowed me to continue my academic career, and it can also help you too.