Our City Tech OpenLab Home

Amira Webbert

ENG 1101

Prof. Scanlan

This annotated bibliography was very difficult, between the struggle in finding the right source to write about to the struggle in making sure what was needed in the body was applied. The surprises I found while reading and annotating is that the biggest tsunami that ever hit was in Japan at the height of 1,720 feet and there is a possible chance that it can happen again. After reading/annotating, my thinking on tsunamis has not changed but my knowledge of it did. What is important for people to know is when traveling to these hotspots like Japan, make sure you do your research on when the last tsunami hit, calculate the time difference so you won’t be caught in it, make sure your surrounded by high buildings so if anything was to happen and driving to the escape route wasn’t an option, at least you will be high enough to not get sucked in. last but not least, pay attention to the alerts and be aware of your surroundings and change in weather because a tsunami can hit unpredictably. I’m not author or writer but if anyone who is interested in learning more about tsunamis and there nature then anyone could and should know about my findings and I hope it will be worth their while.   

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Amira,
    Thanks for this solid and honest conclusion.
    -Prof. Scanlan