Fall 2018 | Professor Kate Poirier

Introducing Alejandro Paez

I am Alejandro Paez and I am attending City Tech to major in Computer Engineer Technology. I knew I wanted to be in the Computer Engineering field when I was young, because I would take apart a bunch of things and figure out what each component does . It was nothing big I would only take apart calculators and such. While I was in high school I took the English regents three times, getting a low score the first two times. Getting those low scores pushed me to try more on the third time and I surprised my self by getting a 93 on the test, which I’m proud of. Also a few of my hobbies are skating or playing basketball with my friends. Overall I think of myself as a very chill guy.

1. Alejandro Xie

Hi Alejandro, we have the same name! You seem like a talented person.

2. Kate Poirier

Hi Alejandro! I love your story about the English Regents. Sometimes it just takes a little time and effort before something clicks. But then once it clicks, everything falls into place! I’m proud of your 93 too. I hope you can take your skills and motivation from that experience and apply them in this class…but why stop at 93? Shoot for 100!!!