For as long as I can remember, my parents and I have had the same ongoing quarrel. Being the son of a math wiz, I’ve always had big shoes to fill. Whether it be on how fast I excel in math or the time it takes me to solve a question. My dad used to always do my math hw with me and eventually we reached the point where he would randomly test my math skills. At first, my dad would test me on the multiplication table, then we moved deeper into algebraic expressions, eventually even getting to calculus. I was always prepared and was always ready for his quizzes, however, in class I was never a good test taker. I could know all the material and memorize every equation given, but I was a bad test taker. So when I came home with my subpar 90 on my math test, my parents would bug out on me. This is because my parents know exactly how much practice I had done for my math courses. This argument usually occurs once every two weeks, when I would usually have an exam.

When I look back at the arguments, I realize it’s less of an argument and more of a disappointing conversation. This is because the time and effort I put into getting a good grade on the test aren’t justified through my actual score. My parents and I would always talk about “Oh you could’ve done better, I know you have it in you!” and my response is always the same “I don’t know what got over me, I really prepared for the test.” There are times where I do get my 100’s and they are proud of me because they know the effort I put into my work. I believe my parents lecture me to teach me to have confidence when taking the test. My issue when I take a test is that I don’t trust my gut feeling and more often than not when I don’t trust that instinct, I answer incorrectly. They know this and they help me boost my self-confidence and strive for a higher grade. My parents have always known I can achieve greatness and that’s the reason I love them so much. They will do anything for me and even if it may seem as if they are critiquing me, they are doing everything in their power to push me to become the greatest I can be.

When i look back at the arguments, I realize its less of an argument and more of a disappointing conversation. This is because the time and effort i put in to getting a good grade on the test isn’t justified through my actual score. My parents and I would