I always have an argument with my parents on anything that deals with technology. One of the most prominent things I don’t enjoy arguing about is the difference between using phone delta and WiFi. It always occurs in the middle of a billing cycle because that’s when their data limit caps out. No matter how many times I try to explain that they need to close out any background apps and to connect to the WiFi, they just don’t and somehow go through 10 gigs of data in 2 weeks. Then they complain to me why they can’t watch their videos.  It’s almost impossible to explain that they need to connect to their WiFi. Another technological issue is trying to explain why they shouldn’t charge their phones overnight or not to use their phone while charging. They constantly complain that their phone is slow and loses charge quickly and they never listen to me not to do it. Then they add the same corny joke saying “For a smart-phone it’s not very smart. Call it a dumb-phone!”. Then I sarcastically laugh out as a way of them knowing it was a terrible joke. Finally, my favorite technological issue my parents face is that they don’t understand how technology ages. I probably have gone through two phones in the entirety of my life. It was never a huge money issue because they would go back to their home countries every 2-3 years and get them the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy. I never really cared too much because I quite literally only use my phone to call, text, and watch a YouTube video here and there. It was annoying when I would ask for a new phone they would always say “On your birthday” and then when the day comes  they say they can’t because they spent $2000 for phones for people back in my home country. I hate empty promises. I got a new phone a year back which I paid in full. I got tired of the empty promises and just worked for it.