Prof. Jessica Penner | OL10 | Spring 2021

“Meet My Vans Sneakers”

When I was around seventeen or eighteen vans became the new style in high school. Like every other teenager, I wanted to get a pair to fit it. So, the summer before school started I went to the store Journeys and got my pair of Vans. I only really bought them to fit in with the trend but something changed as I began to wear them more and more. I fell in love with them, and they became my everyday shoe. I wore my first pair of vans until they were unrecognizable and I still do wear them just for the nostalgia.

I eventually got a new pair, same color same style and all. Vans are something you can dress down or up. I wear my new pair to outings and even to my internships when i first started going to college and i will continue to do so because you cant beat the comfort and style of vans.

1. aaamrin

You know, I have always wanted the checkered vans but never got to buy it unfortunately. I am glad you got to get your shoes. Vans are so comfortable and you can always style them with everything.

2. Eamon Bolger

I have to agree, vans are pretty comfy for the price that they are! Good to hear that even though you originally got them to fit in, you ended up liking the vans anyways to the point where they were unrecognizable. Sometimes even when you get something just to fit in, you may end up liking it and get it because you like it in the future. I’m glad that your reasons for getting vans changed in a positive way for you!