The Good:
The poem writing experience was refreshing. I have not read a poem in about a year so, it was nice to visit some classics and favorites. In my personal time, I read the occasional manga and manhwa but poems are far and few between so the difference in structure and purpose is appreciated. When writing, I found myself able to rhyme steadily which gives me my yearly confidence boost of being a mumble rapper if this computer science stuff doesn’t work out(lol). Besides that, I enjoyed finding connections between ideas and looking to find ways to inexplicitly state them.

The So-So:
I had trouble coming up with ideas. I know we were supposed to match an author’s voice and style but I didn’t want to mirror a piece too much and end up plagiarizing. Length requirements were not specified and kept me wondering if I did too much or too little. Luckily enough, towards the deadline, I found a mid-point that satisfied me.

The Bad:
Historically poetry was never my strong suit as there are fewer details than a story making it easier to get a comprehension error.