My father used to always take a ride with my two older siblings and I in a small carriage behind his bike when we were younger and ever since I always loved the idea of riding my own bike in the future. Soon later when I was able to walk on my own one of the first presents that I received from my parents was a toy tricycle that I used to ride outside the front of my house every day when it was warm outside.

It wasn’t until I grew bigger when I was grew too big when I couldn’t ride the tricycle that my parents got me a children’s bike that I was able to ride. That same bike I had in my possession for around 8 years of my life. I used to take it everywhere with me especially when my family took a small vacation to the Poconos in Pennsylvania.

Every week my family used to go to a nearby pier and we always used to watch the sun set near the water while we rode our bikes on the nearby routes that we paved for riders. Hanging out with my family during this time meant a lot to me because nowadays we don’t get to hang out like this.

During the 8 years that I owned my bicycle I found myself always hurting myself from the skin off my knees being scrapped to the point where every few months I had bandages over my knees. This is due to me always hurting myself at the front of my place due to riding the bicycle on concrete and sliding to the point where I would fall over and hurt myself. However, I would never let this discourage me for my love for riding my bike. Through the different kinds of injuries that I got from it I would recover and still want to have fun with what I love to do as a kid.

My dad decided that since me and my siblings were getting older that all of us would need to get different bikes because we were bigger, this caused him to build bikes for everyone in the family with various parts that he purchased online. Since I was big enough to ride the bike he made for me I feel in love ever since. The nearby park where I used to go with my dad to practice riding my old bike became the area where we practiced to ride my new one so that when we are closer to the rode I wouldn’t accidently swerve and get hit head on into a car. About a year or so later my dad and I decided to go back to the pier that had many bike routes so that we can see how well I have gotten.

Unfortunately since I attended college I haven’t had the chance to ride my newer bike with my dad. Especially during these times with the Corona Virus we have less and less opportunities to do so. Hopefully in the spring to summer we are able to do so because I miss going outside all the time to ride my bike. This will not get my efforts down though I will find time to ride my bike so that I am able to go outside more and get more active due to me spending a lot of time during our lockdown. Hopefully during the summer of 2022 I will be able to ride my bike outside again because the weather will be much warmer and allow for me to get out of my house without having to worry about college assignments and exams.