Prof. Jessica Penner | D304 | Spring 2022

Nicole Zuniga Lopez, Memoir 1 (revised)

Header text

Naked Wolfe is a British high fashion brand with varieties of styles including sneakers, boots , sandals you name it. The first time I ever heard or known about the brand was through social media. One day I was just browsing through Instagram, liking posts about outfit ideas on the explore page. I love looking up outfit inspiration to know how to dress for school or just any regular outing. Once my eyes met with brown suede platform sneakers I was in love and knew I needed these kinds of shoes in my everyday wardrobe. Scrolling to each and every page observing all the pieces this brand offers I discovered these boots that were different from anything I have ever owned. Under the knee skin hugging platform 90’s inspired boot made with a friendly vegan leg hugging stretch upper material on a custom designed naked Wolfe platform and heel. Growing up I’ve always wanted heels, specifically chunky heels because they’re the easiest and comfiest to walk in whilst still looking stylish. Once I saw these boots they were engraved in my mind. I wanted them but once I had seen that price all the daydreams of those shoes shattered. $400 shoes were way out of my price range during the time. I was still in high school with no job, just a full time student so there was no way of me being able to afford it. I couldn’t even ask my parents; they’d just laugh and walk away, concluding to an obvious no.

Skip to after high school when I’m in college and have a part time job. Christmas break was here and no school, however, that didn’t mean break from work. I was working more hours and although I wasn’t the happiest about it I knew it meant more pay. Getting more pay and the holidays right around the corner I thought about how I could give myself a little something for Christmas. A reward for all my hard work, right away my mind wandered to the thought of these Naked Wolfe boots. I figured since Christmas is here and obviously everyone is gift shopping they’re deals and discounts. Christmas eve night I’m in my room listening to music scrolling through websites, I open up Naked Wolfes page and see there is a holiday 50% sale off. The joy I felt once I had read that, quickly I typed in the description bar black vegan leather boots and BAM they were on sale from 400 down to about 200 now. I had my mind set on buying these shoes already so once that price dropped I ran to get my wallet and typed in all my card info. I was so excited at the thought that I just bought my dream shoes with money that I earned from working everyday, sacrificing a part of my day coming home tired and drained. It felt like a small accomplishment because I was able to catch a good deal without hurting my pockets. I mean who doesn’t like a good deal on anything.

1. Christopher Mizhquiri

I enjoyed how you didn’t cry about ur dreams and you worked for it and in the end it payed, also i like the 50%, good deals always come and go and it was nice that you took advantage of it.

2. Lisa Narinedhat

The deals be coming in clutch!! I loved reading this especially since I can relate so much to it especially where you say you got what you wanted at a good price but also when you’re able to get it. It shows to me your a hard worker and to spoil yourself you decided why not get the shoes especially at the good price. Perfect timing!