Back in 2014, right before summer vacation, a huge tragedy happened in my life. I was still in Pakistan when this happened. I was only 14 years old and could not ever imagine that something like this could happen to me. It was a normal day at school, I had just taken a final exam for my math class. The exam finished early and I got out of school at 11 am. I went outside and was waiting on the side for the rest of my friends to come out. We planned to hangout after the exam. While I was waiting for them, I suddenly saw one of my other friends across the street and excitedly, I started running across the street. I had looked before crossing and there were no cars coming. All of a sudden, someone came speeding and next thing I know I’m on the concrete. I saw people running towards me and everyone started worrying and checking around to see what happened. My friends came over to see me too. People thought it was a minor accident with just a few scratches and cuts. Afew minutes later I tried to get up, but I couldn’t feel my leg. I looked down and saw my leg hanging. Someone finally called an ambulance and they arrived in a few minutes. While the paramedics were taking me to the hospital, many thoughts were rushing through my mind. I was wondering if I was going to be fine or not. Once we reached the hospital, they did a few scans and I found out I had two broken bones in my leg, which put me on bed rest for 6 months. While I was on bedrest, I realized a few things. I learned to never take things for granted. As humans we often tend to take the basics of life for granted, such as breathing, walking, having a place to live and having good food to eat. Often, we only value things, when we no longer have them. This accident really affected me. I started appreciating things in my life and the people around me. My whole family was so caring and so supportive throughout my healing journey. They helped me learn to walk again and get back to the old me. However, this accident also left me with some fears. No matter how much I tried, I couldn’t do the same activities which I could do before. I was scared to walk, scared to run, scared to even cross the street sometimes. To this day I have trouble jumping. Even though it has been 8 years, I am still scared to jump in fear that it might damage the bone again.