Liza and Bryan have been dating for 5 years. Liza recently started a new job at a lawfirm as a lawyer and is extremely exhausted from handling all the cases. Bryan is currently unemployed and is focusing on his music career. He is very driven when it comes to music and believes that he would rather kill himself than work a 9-5 for corrupted companies. Liza and Bryan got engaged 6 months ago and was planning to get married in the next 3 months which lies on September. Liza told Bryan that she wanted a small wedding due to the expenses to host a big wedding and he agreed. One morning, Liza asked Bryan to come with her to a bridal store to look at potential wedding dresses. At first, Bryan said no because he was writing lyrics to a new song but, he saw the disappointment on Liza’s face and ended up grabbing the car keys and went with Liza. 

As soon as they arrived at the bridal store, one of the wedding dress specialists greeted Liza and brought the couple into a private room. Liza emphasized that she wanted a simple yet elegant pattern that would emphasize her neckline and body curves. Courtney, the wedding dress specialist, immediately filtered through all the dresses and grabbed the top 10 she felt like Liza would love. Bryan was trying to be supportive for Liza but his mind was constantly wandering to the unfinished song back at the apartment. Liza went into the dressing room and tried the first dress, she felt like a princess and started tearing up as she looked at herself in the mirror. She came out of the room and revealed herself to Bryan and asked him if he liked the dress. The dress resembled a “fairy-tale” like feeling where flowered patterns were decorated all over the dress. It was sleeveless but still gave an innocent and pure look that complimented Liza’s eyes so beautifully. Bryan looked at Liza for 5 seconds and said,

“yeah, it looks nice.” She was hurt because after he said that, he immediately went on his phone.

Courtney noticed the look on Liza’s face and gave her the second dress to try on.

“The second dress looks gorgeous on you hun, it highlights your curves and the laced pattern on the upper body gives an elegant touch.” Said Courtney.

Liza was so excited to show Bryan and made her way to show him.

He looked at Liza and said, “is that a different dress or was it the same as the first one? Anyways, it looks nice.” Bryan proceeded to text someone on his phone while laughing which made Liza extremely frustrated.

Liza then slapped Bryan’s phone from his hand and yelled at him. “Did you forget that this is your wedding too? Do you not want to marry me? You seem so uninterested and whatever is on your phone seems to take your attention away from your fiance. You know how much I have been looking forward to this and our wedding but you don’t seem to care. I want you to be proactive and show me that you love me, I need you to be present with me right now. If you don’t get your shit together, then I’ll gladly return this engagement ring back to you” Liza screamed as she aggressively throws hands in the air to express her frustration, which also comes from her being half Italian.

Courtney walked out of the room as soon as Liza slapped the phone to give the couple some space but she knew that Liza had every right to be upset. Bryan sat there speechless and he looked at Liza while she continues to shed tears from all the frustration. He stood up and pulled her closer reaching out for a hug when she actively tries to push him away.

“Get off of me! Don’t you dare touch me before I throw my slippers at you!” Liza uttered 

Bryan then tries to pull her harder into his arms allowing her to cry on his shoulder while he caresses her hair.

“You are absolutely right my love, I am so sorry for being distant and distracted when this is our big wedding day. I promise to be better and show you that this is equally as important as it is to me. I am so sorry and I love you so much.” Bryan responded with genuine love in his eyes.

Liza nods and hugs Bryan while he looks into her eyes and gives her a kiss on the forehead. Bryan knew that he has not been the best fiance and have been neglecting Liza, he wanted to make it up to her by showing her that he was serious about the wedding so he gave his most honest and supportive opinions on the next dresses Liza tried on. Six dresses later, Bryan saw Liza walk out the room with the most perfect dress and started to tear up. They both knew that this was the perfect dress especially since it accentuates her figure.