Not My PickĀ 

This story pales in comparison to what anonymous went through, and I hope they’re currently doing well. 

Throughout my academic career I never had the ability to choose where I wanted to go or what I wanted to do. My parents had already predestined my faith to becoming a doctor. 

They did everything in their power to keep me on track, and anytime I steered off the road that they paved, I felt an immense guilt. I couldnā€™t pursue anything outside of that.  

They picked my high school since it was a block away from a hospital, and City Tech since it had one of the most prestigious nursing programs in the country.Ā 

Growing up, I felt trapped. I still do. Even with the ā€œfreedomsā€ I have. There are so many things I missed out on, and Iā€™m trying to catch up while also trying to figure out what I exactly want to do with my life. 

Which is part of the reason why Iā€™m currently sparling. I donā€™t know where to start or how things will end up. No matter how many listsĀ I make. No matter how many plans Iā€™ve made to map out my time in college.Ā 

I want to know the answer to my plight, but I know the only way I’m going get it is by putting in my own work.