Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Luz Mery Felipe, meet my AirPods

It was August of 2020 when I decided to purchase the AirPods second generation, I have been wanting them for like six moths but I could not afford them until now, I bought them online because the apple stores near me were closed. It is my first time trying wireless headphones, therefore, I  cannot describe how happy I was when I checked my email and saw that they were delivered. I chose AirPods instead of any other brand mainly because I really like Apple and they are small compared to others, my brother  once had the Beats Solo 3 which were cute but I knew that type of headphones were not going to look good on me because of their size. 

With everything going on and bills piling up I hadnā€™t had the time to reward myself, for that reason, a month and a half ago  my parents gave me the idea of  setting up a plan to save thirty five dollars weekly, so I did that  until I got my one hundred and seventy which was the price I saw when checking Appleā€™s website. I remember my brother who also owns AirPods 2 asking me why I did not get the Pros, he was like ā€œyou know they have noise cancellation and the ones you want donā€™t rightā€ and I was like ā€œso?ā€ as if that meant nothing to me. He tends to go crazy when any brand especially Apple releases new stuff  but even though I knew the AirPods Pro were a good deal I told him I was not going to pay a hundred  extra dollars for something that to me is almost the same. 

On the other hand, I have to highlight that I buy things when I feel I really need them not because I want to have the latest edition of anything and I actually needed theĀ Ā air-pods because my other headphones were broken and also so that I canĀ Ā go for a run while listening to music comfortably or to talk to my family and friends while my phone is charging, in other words I like to multitask. I also bought a Smile Avocado case for it on Amazon which you guys can see in the picture below, I know its kind of silly but I love avocados and I justĀ Ā couldnā€™t resist when I saw it. My parents were really excited when I showed them my new acquisition, they know that when I set my mind to get something I donā€™t stop until I have it. I have to admitĀ Ā that these AirPods are one of the best purchase I have made during this quarantine especially now that Iā€™m taking online classes and my house is full of loud people.Ā 

1. Mohammed Hashim

Hi Luz Mery, I enjoyed reading about you getting your Airpods 2nd gen. The Airpods are very convenient nowadays. Also you have a nice case, it’s cute. I’ve been using 2nd Gen myself and they are great. I personally don’t like the airpod pros. Will you be upgrading to airpod pros since you like having latest products?