For my assignment I think speech is better from the letter because I think speech is more clear to say what I really want to tell the audience. In my topic I chose the social discourse community and I’m not talking about all people so I chose the specific part. Social media has different types of sides that I can explain but it is so critical to understand and also critical for me to explain them everything so that’s why I chose a specific part of social media.

In my discourse community people who are affected who are age  5 through 17 and 18 up who spend most of the time on social media. Therefore, I am thinking about how they are affected and what will happen with children if they spend most of their time on social media. Also, I want to see what are good things or what are they developing using social media that could be good for their future. Some examples that can affect them are: affect mentally and physically, fail in the class, don’t want to play together like wanting to be alone or with phone or laptop.

Therefore , I think speech helps to more express what I feel about my discourse community and more clearly. In speech I can use charts, evidence that really helps to understand the audience that what I want to improve about this discourse community. However, I am still thinking about how I can make an argument and what point would be the best for argument. So this part I was also confused about what would be the best. Another point is who would be outside the discourse community and who would be the power to help to change. I am still working with that and finding good sources and better evidence for my audience that will help them better to understand.