1. Nursing DC: I picked this as one of my DC communities because I am currently studying to become a nurse. Although I’m not there yet, I feel like this can be a discourse community because there are multiple types of nurses who all have a main goal at the end which is to help people’s health and wellbeing. The ways different nurses communicate together to reach this goal is by sharing different types of information which each have a very important value into helping one’s health. Ways that they can share this information can be by providing charts or x-ray scans. It all depends on what type of nurse they are.
  2. Music Reactors DC : I’m not entirely sure if this counts as a dc but to explain it I enjoy watching streams and videos of music reactors reacting to music. Sometimes these people would live stream and react to music and people like myself would comment telling our opinions as well on the music. The main goal I guess you can say is to share common or uncommon thoughts about the music. Music brings people together.
  3. Social Media DC : This i’m not really sure about as well but it’s the first idea that came to me while thinking about discourse communities. Since social media in general is so broad i’m going to break it down a bit. Social media influencers can be a discourse community because they all have a goal of influencing others and promoting things such as products. Food influencers have a goal of sharing recipes with a goal of getting others to try it out. Companies put their products on social media to get customers. I would say in general the goal of social media is to attract people’s attention.