Q1) “As we move from one DC to another, our verbal and social behavior adapts to the new environment, but I do not believe that necessarily implies that we adopt new identities, or that we are somehow merely an aggregation of different personae. (Unless of course, we are spies or under-cover agents.)”

Explanation: Having other dc communities doesn’t mean we change who we are we just pick up certain things from it. I connect this to moving to a new place and picking up their slang or way of living but it doesn’t completely change who we are as a person and our identities.

Q2) “In addition, discourse communities both influence and are influenced by the larger communities within which they are situated. In consequence, when a university becomes established in a town, the presence of this constellation of discourse communities influences the wider urban environment; as a result, the urban environment provides services that are helpful to the university, such as cheap student housing, cheap restaurants, museums, and more bookshops, which in turn further consolidates our sense of a university town like Cambridge, Heidelberg, or Uppsala.”

Explanation: This quote makes me understand what dc is more. The example with the university is perfect. In my words they are saying a university is put to help people and in return they also get help such as providing affordable student housing, bookshops, cheap eats. It basically gives back to what is benefiting them in a sense is how I see it.