Source 1:

Part 1 : Citation

Zaikman, Yuliana, and Michael J. Marks. “Ambivalent Sexism and the Sexual Double Standard.” Sex Roles, vol. 71, no. 9-10, Springer US, 2014, pp. 333–44, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-014-0417-1.

Part 2: Summary

The main point of this article is to show that sexism is likely the reason for double standard. In the article it discusses that women and men get treated differently for doing the same sexual act. For example the woman gets discriminated for being sexual, whereas the man being sexual is seen as a positive act. There was a Ambivalent Sexism Inventory that was given to undergraduates to test how they felt about one person male of female having 0, 1 or 12 sexual partners. Many of them showed very sexist attitudes.

Part 3: Reflection

I agree with the text because a woman shouldn’t be viewed at negatively for having the same sexual interest as a man. A woman shouldn’t be seen as bad for making sure she is safe in a sexual interaction. A woman is not incompetent in fields men do well in. “It has been suggested that hostility towards men derives from the acknowledgement that men hold the most social power”. I don’t have any questions about what the text is saying. I need to look up the experiment that was conducted to produce these results. For example,  Ambivalent Sexism Inventory.

I like how well put this article is and how much I learned while reading it. This article tells me that I chose the right question to ask. It also shows me that there are other ways to go about my question. The authors writing style is very informative. I believe the authors intended audience is both male and females. Yes, the choice of genre makes sense because it is shedding light on sexism and how it is highly connected to double standards. I think this document is credible because it was peer reviewed.

Part 4: Quotation

“Sexist attitudes towards women can also have negative consequences for women.” (Zaikman, et al. )

Source 2:

Part 1: Citation

Ayres, Melanie M., et al. “Individual and Situational Factors Related to Young Women’s Likelihood of Confronting Sexism in Their Everyday Lives.” Sex Roles, vol. 61, no. 7-8, Springer US, 2009, pp. 449–60, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-009-9635-3.

Part 2: Summary

The article was about women confronting sexism that is directed to them. In the article they conducted an experiment with women to see their attitudes, opinions, and experiences with sexism. It showed how women who have more experience tend to confront sexism more than ones with little experience. It said that women who are in threatening situations also don’t confront the perpetrators.

Part 3 : Reflection

Yes, I agree with the article that depending on a woman’s experience it is easier and harder to confront sexism. Women with more experience would better know how to fight back. ” The perpetrators of sexism can include a variety of people—such as teachers, peers, parents, bosses, and strangers—who vary in familiarity and status to the victim”. I don’t have any questions. I also don’t need to look up for the text it is easy to understand. I would tell the authors that the text is interesting and relatable. The reason being because as a female it is hard to confront people with status then it is with peer. It tells me that again there are many ways I can go about with my question.

The author’s writing style is very expository. The author’s intended audience is women. Yes, I think the genre makes sense because it matches my question. I think the text is credible because it was peer reviewed and it used many sources to back up what was being stated in the article.

Part 4: Quotation

“The study was described as a survey aimed at assessing young women’s attitudes, opinions, and experiences. “(Ayres, et al.)

Source 3:

Part 1: Citation

Sáez, Gemma, et al. “Interpersonal Sexual Objectification Experiences: Psychological and Social Well-Being Consequences for Women.” Journal of Interpersonal Violence, vol. 34, no. 4, SAGE Publications, 2019, pp. 741–62, https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260516645813.

Part 2: Summary

This article tales the topic sexual objectification that woman face. It talks about how this affects women’s Psychological well-being. They conducted two studies the first one was find out the different form os sexual objectification. The second study was about benevolent sexism and women’s responses to sexual discrimination.

Part 3: Reflection

I agree with the text because discrimination against a woman can really mess with someone’s head. It can be very traumatizing to the receiver. “With regard to sexism, a theory of particular relevance is the theory of ambivalent sexism (Glick & Fiske, 1996), which states that ambivalence in prejudice against women is due to positive feelings toward women coexisting with hostile dislike of women. ” I don’t have any questions about the text. I also don’t really have to look up anything either. One thing I would say to the author is that the article is very interesting, it practically pulls you in. It tells me that my question matches what the text is about. The author’s writing style is very informative.

The intended audience I think is society and men , so they know what is happening to women because of the sexism that is thrown upon them. Yes, the genre fits my question so it makes sense for what the author was trying to accomplish. I think the text is credible because it has many sources to better explain what is being stated.

Part 4: Quotation

“These types of discriminatory interactions are termed sexual objectification experiences and are understood as the act of separating the sexual parts from the rest of the woman’s body and personality, turning her into a tool and reducing her to these sexual parts”(SĂĄez, et al.)Â