Qoute 1- “we now need to emphasize the roles of new digital channels, such as emails, blogs, tweets, etc., and we also need to stress that without any means of intercommunication of any kind, there is no real community”.

This quote is very relatable. In order for a discourse community to keep up the good work it is very important to communicate with one another. Without communication it is very hard to know about each other goal. Without knowing each other’s purpose it is difficult to achieve something. I agree that one thing stated in the quote is a new digital channel. Nowadays with social media everything becomes so easy and faster to get it done. Now you do not need to find a specific time to meet with your members to discuss something, you can just easily email or text them which makes things so easy. It is always important to be connected fast and easily with your members because you never know when and for what reason you might need to contact them. For a discourse community to grow communication plays an important role.

Qoute 2- “Discourse community both influence and are influenced by the larger communities within which they are situated.”

This quote is very interesting because being in a discourse community helps you bring out your inner motivation. It influences you to get motivated and show interest in the community. Not only that when you publicize your discourse community to other people they also get encouraged to do something similar. They get motivated and they also make groups to share their thoughts and ideas to make something better happen. For example I remember as healthcare discourse community, I would tell my friends having people with the same thoughts helped me gain so much knowledge.