The three text from Douglass, Malcolm X, and Jiang are all education narratives yet are different, but what puts them in this category are the messages that they send throughout there stories. Ā In Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Douglass, he talks about how he couldn’t learn how he wanted to and had to learn in unique ways such as reading a book while running errands. In Anita Jiangā€™s text, ā€œThe Memory of My Grandmotherā€ she talks about analyzing the Mona Lisa with her grandmother where she realizes to enjoy the art itself. Malcolm X inĀ “Learning to Read” talks about how reading has changed his life. Reading helped Malcolm understand the world and showed him an area where he could learn more than he ever thought he would want. When Malcolm X said “I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosityā€”because you can hardly mention anything I’m not curious about. I don’t think anybody ever got more out of going to prison than I did.” It helped me connect this to the rest of the stories where when they finally learned they got to enjoy life more.