Douglass, Malcolm X, and Jiang all have different pieces, but they share the same education narrative. In Chapter 7 from the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Douglass talks about how he learns how to read and write while facing racism. While growing up he meet a woman with a kind heart to help him read and try to have a good education but because of slavery it turned a nice woman that took care of him to be vile and treat him horribly. But that didn’t stop him from reading and writing. It shows how even though there was a big challenge for Douglass, he still pushed through and learned how to write. In The Memory of my grandmother by Anita Jiang shows how art can show details and tell stories about the events that occurred. When Anita was little, she never understood why people would keep the paintings. Anita said, ” As a woman with an art and design background, I can analyze the Mona Lisa professionally, not with jargon and scholarship, but with my heart. ” She is saying that there is more of a story that can appear on paintings. Now that she is all grown up, she can finally understand that it’s not about having a scholarship or anything, it’s about the art and how it can tell stories. In Learning to Read by Malcom X, Malcom talks about how reading changed his life. No matter what reading will help him adapt and get a better understanding about life. Malcom talks about how his life was bad because of the way he was treated differently. Malcom stated that reading helped him developed his education and that prison helped more because he had time to read and wouldn’t be distracted by the world. Malcom said, ” In fact, prison enabled me to study far more intensively than I would have if my life had gone differently, and I had attended some college. I imagine that one of the biggest troubles with colleges is there are too many distractions, too much panty-raiding, fraternities, all of that. Where else but in a prison could I have attacked my ignorance by being able to study intensely sometimes as much as fifteen hours a day?” Reading was something Malcom loved and wanted to continue his passion with reading. All three books are similar because they talk about how education is good and how history/reading books and tell stories and affect everyone daily lives.