Reading the Bunn Essay made me realize that when reading you have to feel something in each of the words and that everything has a meaning behind it and history. I also learned that there are many different techniques to help read and write more efficiently. One specific moment I found useful in “How to Read Like a Writer” was on page 72, Mike Bunns explains that writing consists of a series of choices and that when he was reading he never really thought about trying to understand how the piece of writing was put together by the author and what you can learn about writing by reading a particular text. What that meant to me was that between every word in a text carries on them a crown as they were the words that were chosen as the best fit for the text. When we write, we think of these many many different words hoping that when combined with the rest of our thinking process it’s put together well. Even when reading, it’s possible that every word you analyze could bring you to that same process and ask questions to yourself like “ Why did he use that word?” These questions can help you comprehend the author’s thought process and improve your own skills as a reader and a writer.