My genre is public service announcements and my topic is the increase in violence in public forms of transportation such as train stations in New York City. My mentor text is written by NBC New York with the heading of Surge in NYC Subway Crime Sets City on Edge: Breaking Down the Numbers ( https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/surge-in-nyc-subway-crime-sets-city-on-edge-breaking-down-the-numbers/3905249/) . The paragraphs are short, however the overall piece is mid length. Imagery is not used within the article, but the videos attached to the new outlet demonstrate the fear unlocked in commuters about their safety. This is written from a third-person point of view. There is some dialogue, but the majority of the dialogues are found within the video attached. The tone is assertive and compassionate. The purpose of this article is to help New Yorkers gather to address the issue of violence that is taking on in these local train stations. The article was organized with short paragraphs, dialogues, and video demographics. My genre is found all throughout the article, with higher officials warning the public about safety precautions. This piece was created by Andrew Siff and published on October 12, 2022. One quote that I believe is effective is “ ‘Subways should be safe and welcoming for anyone who’s here — unfortunately we are not there yet,’  said Danny Pearlstein of the Riders Alliance.” I chose this quote because train stations were created in order to provide an accessible and safe journey for commuters. However, with the overturn, people fear to use any form of public transportation and fear for those that may.