Prof. Jessica Penner | D4308 | Fall 2022

Cristina Cuate, My Writing Process

When it comes to major assignments I am the one who doesn’t write several drafts unless it is required. I do last minute papers because writing out my ideas/thoughts on paper has always been a struggle of mine since I tend to become repetitive. Something I want to change for this time around is write more drafts and have someone else proofread my work . Maybe I might change my mind about how I feel about english.

1. Cristina Cuate

What have you decided to focus on for your education narrative? Why have you chosen to tell this particular story?

The focus of this narrative is how school is much more important than a minimum wage job because of what I went through.

What is the meaning/significance of your story? Why should people read it? Write this out in one sentence.

People should read my story because we all deserve much better than just living paycheck to paycheck.

In one word, how do you want people to feel when they are done reading your story? 

Inspired

Freewrite details you remember about the situation you are describing: include people, places, dialogue, feelings, thoughts, etc. that are in some way connected to your story.

Myself, mom, coworkers, confused, unmotivated, Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn 

Exposition/Inciting Incident (who, what, when, where and how does your story begin?)

Who – myself

What – not feeling school anymore

When – Fall ’20 semester

Where – in the Bronx

How – during online classes

Rising Action (you should include a lot of the story details here)

Dropped out of classes because I stopped attending, didn’t tell mom or dad I dropped out, left with a balance owed to CUNY because of dropping out, deciding to work for the next two years instead of school 

Climax (the moment of most drama and significance)

Start working in the winter doing ubereats, then started working at a kosher restaurant, and then working retail 

Falling Action (what happened after?)

Working retail I was offered a promotion, was too late to apply for Spring ’22 semester, didn’t get the promotion because of lame excuses. 

Resolution (what was the result of this experience? What is the significance?)

Realized I deserve much better because I knew what I was capable of. Registered just in time for Fall ’22 classes and I am now happy in school going to pursue my major.