ENG1121, Class Session 4/20/20

Hello, dear students!

I hope you’re ready to jump into the remainder of the semester! Your participation points for the upcoming week (April 20 & 22) depend on what’s listed on this post. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:

1. For U3’s Peer Reviews, I’ve decided to divide the class list into groups.
    • Each member of the group will perform a Peer Review for each member. This means you may be reviewing 3 to 4 writing assignments! DO NOT WAIT TO WORK ON THIS!
  2. I will be emailing each group with the Peer Review Worksheet #1. The subject line will be: “ENG1121, Group #.” Keep an eye out for this email.
  3. “Reply All” to my email with an attached copy of your “website” for me and your group by 11:59 PM on Monday, April 20. That’s just before midnight on Monday, not noon on Monday.
    • THIS EMAIL IS WORTH 50 POINTS AND COUNTS AS YOUR PARTICIPATION POINTS FOR APRIL 20.
    • If a group member does not send their U3 Writing Assignment by the deadline, don’t worry! Just peer review the ones you receive. (Since you’ll be including me in the email, I’ll know who sends their U3 Writing Assignment.)
  4. Email the completed worksheet to me and your group by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, April 22 (again, midnight on Wednesday, not noon on Wednesday).
    • THIS COUNTS AS YOUR PARTICIPATION POINTS FOR APRIL 22.

Wednesday is a “workshop day,” to work on your peer reviews and your own website, but there will be a post about a new writing assignment, so be sure to check this site on Wednesday!

I’ve discussed the U3 Writing Assignment one-on-one with several students over the past two weeks. If you’re still needing clarification on what’s expected, please contact me!

Be well & stay safe!