Prof K Pelka :Tuesday 12:00 - 3:20

Discussion 1 – Jiaxi Ma

• Dawoud Bey wanted to portray themes about black people in a way that was as complex as the experiences of others, one man to reshape the world as it continues to refocus on the image of black people in art and popular culture. The more photography style he uses is dark and dreamy, impenetrable landscapes, photographs that convey a deep and complex humanity to show his work, and more of the idea of expressing an inner feeling. Make something invisible in the photo visible to evoke empathy. His central idea was to give people the perspective and feeling of slavery, an escape from slavery, trying to find a place to live free.
  • Carrie Mae Weems the style of photography she uses is to demonstrate her work through space and light. Her work is a family affair. She wanted to show how men behave in the family and how women behave in the family. She uses an environment with a white hanging lamp on a table to demonstrate how to start changing domestic spaces, how social arrangements and social contracts are changing, and she sees these social differences between men and women as a battle.
  • I think I need to find the topic I am interested in, and then make use of the surrounding environment or something to support the whole work, and then add some of my own style or performance art. I prefer to take pictures of landscape changes over time and small details that I don’t normally notice.

1. Ken Pelka

Good analysis of photographers

Take a lot of photos and you will find your interests. It may be something you haven’t thought about