Blog Post 7 – Ahmad Woods

I think I’m going to stick to the arcade controller that senses it’s orientation in order to switch to a right handed configuration or left handed configuration.

Viewing the tinker kit site there’s a few modules that would help me with this project. If I can get a Sanwa stick connected to the joystick module somehow then I’ll be using it especially if my sanwa stick can’t be recognized by an arduino board alone which I suspect will be the case.

The accelerometer and gyroscope sensors will also prove useful. These components is what will allow the stick to sense its orientation in the real world. It’s a no brainer that I’ll need to be using these.

I also want to use the LED lights just because I always wanted those cool arcade sticks that light up when you press the buttons.

Other modules I’m considering is the touch sensor for addition buttons like start and select but it maybe unnecessary.

2 Responses to Blog Post 7 – Ahmad Woods

1. Philip Zak says:

all your ideas sound great. i would say skip the touch sensor for the start and select buttons. this way it will prevent people from accidentally pausing their game.

2. Ahmad Woods says:

Yeah that makes complete sense. I was probably just forcing it in there.